Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I just bought my wedding dress this weekend. I got it at a sample sale, so I had to bring it home the same day and now I have the dress here at my house. Our wedding isn't for another 9 months, and I'm wondering if there is anything special I should do with it to keep it safe until the wedding? It is hanging by the inside loops on a hanger, covered with a white plastic bag and put into a clear plastic garment bag. I had it hanging in a basement closet, but my dad suggested bringing it upstairs in case the basement gets damp over the winter. So now it's hanging on the back of my bedroom door for lack of any other decent closet space. Is this a good idea? The white bag is tied in a knot at the bottom, and the clear bag is a not airtight... Any other suggestions? Is this too much, too little? Thanks!|||I got my dress pretty early too.
I was told to wrap the dress in a white sheet (twin size should work... pin the sheet so that it stays securly around the dress). Then I put the dress/sheet into a dress bag that zips. I would recommend doing this, as it worked really well for me.
I did that and then hung it in the back of my closet. I also bought two containers called "DampRid" that I found in the cleaning aisle at Wal-Mart. It's supposed to take out any dampness in the air. I didn't have any problems with my closet or anything, but I bought them just in case. They fill up with water eventually, from soaking it all out of the air in your closet. Obviously I wouldn't place them right underneath or above your dress, but somewhere in the closet would work.
Good luck! |||hum..I would let it be like that for a couple months and then a month before the wedding take it out of the bag and let it breath and get air.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment