Tuesday, March 6, 2012

http://www.valstefani.com/newsite/products.php?pid=893#
I am doing the alterations myself,but all the layers are giving me a headake. I have no idea on how to do it. I bought the dress for $500( floor sample sale-$1600 real price) the dress is size 12 and I am size 2. Seamtress estimated my alterations for $350,without bustle. I am on a TIDE budget and I can't afford paying more for my dress. Please give me some advice on how would you bustle that dress. Thanks|||The only way I would bustle it is by paying a seamstress do it properly. Or, I would buy a second dress to wear for the reception. Either way it will cost you money. If you haven't already, take the dress to an independent seamstress--one outside of the bridal shop. Alterations done at the bridal shop will always cost more (anything with "bridal" attached to it costs more!).

I suggest a double french bustle, like these:
http://www.liweddings.com/mywedding/albu鈥?/a>
http://www.liweddings.com/chat/p/1339070鈥?/a>|||I hate to say this, it's so sad, but you really have to think about selling the dress or returning it, (if that's even a possibility, which is rare with wedding dresses). The fact of the matter is that it will never be just right, even if you paid the seamstress to alter it, it is way too large and the shape will never be right, my mother is an uber-talented seamstress and I asked for her opinion as well before I answered you.
You want to be happy on your day and not to have to have this to stress about in addition to other things. Never try to learn to alter on your most special dress. You will be so much more relieved and happy if you just choose something that fits and is less fussy so that you can enjoy yourself without 'babysitting' the dress.
Best of luck to you, congratulations!|||To do the bustle on a budget, perhaps the french bustle would work well on that dress, which would tie the layers by pulling them up under the dress.

If you are able to do alterations yourself then look over these french bustle instructions which are a series of ties under the dress. http://www.doweb4u.com/french_bustle.htm

You might get a quote from an independent seamstress as you wil most likely get a major savings and she may take care of the bustle as well for much less than the $350.

If you don't have a mannequin to hang the dress on, then in a pinch use a coat tree or a strong over the door hook..|||You could do pick ups under the lower three layers. Sew two button loops strategically under the layers with pearl buttons down lower that can be fastened to raise the skirt up.

There are a few web sites that can help you figure it out, including some videos on youtube. I helped do the bustle for my niece's dress.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4885418_make-wed鈥?/a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzY2KclK鈥?/a>|||Well... there is no possible way u can bustle the dress urslef or without paying money....

i sugest u buy a new dress and return it...there are many stores with cheap drop dead gorgeous dresses.... and its ur wedding!!!!!!!! u have to spend money on urself u will remember this day forever and if u dont alter it u will regret it cuz this is probably ur dream dress.!!!!!!!! i say spend the money on urself!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment