Friday, March 9, 2012

Hey all, I am redesigning a menu for a local BBQ joint using MS Excel. I am finished with the menu text portion but I wanted to add a 2 row checker (red/white) pattern either around the entire perimeter of the menu or just a 2 row checker header & footer.

I can make the patterns myself using MS Paint if need be, I'm just not sure how to incorporate them into my spreadsheet around the existing menu text. I have found checker frames that look good using a google image search but when I insert he image onto my spreadsheet, it covers all the text.

I am assuming I will need to provide empty cells around the menu to allow for the frame correct? I hope this makes sense to someone...

This may be a simple thing but I am not an Excel pro.

Any advice on how to achieve this would help, thanks!|||You can set a picture as a background image in Excel.

In 2007: Click the 'Background' button on the 'Page Layout' ribbon and select the picture file you want to use.

In Earlier Versions: From the Format menu Select Sheet > Background and select the picture file you want to use.

You may need to re-size your picture to fit your text before you import it using a graphics editor as Excel will tile the picture throughout the worksheet. If you don't have a package to do this you can download IrfanView here: http://www.irfanview.com/ which is a great free graphics viewer.

Hope this helps.|||Insert menu, picture. Use a transparent gif....

There's 1231203898 easier ways to do this though. E.G. using ms word.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment