Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I have purchased the Maggie Sottero- Adelaide (link below) at a sample sale and I LOVE the gown, but I can't decide if it needs a crinoline or hoop skirt (or perhaps none of the above). I already have the gown at home and I wasn't able to try on the dress with either of these things to see what it looks like. What do you think?

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=adelaide&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3157|||I would NOT do a hoop skirt. I wore one for a play and let me tell you, there is a reason they went out of style. You can't get in the car. You can't fit through doorways. No one can get within three feet of you. And they look totally unnatural.

Your dress has a beautiful shape and you want to give it a little fullness to show off the skirt. I would go with a crinoline/slip that is just full enough to fill out the skirt - any bridal store can show you some options with different amounts of "poofiness" so you can find the right size for your skirt.|||I assume that the dress already comes with a built-in netting so if you want a fuller look, you can always wear an additional crinoline. Hoops are more for a very full/ballgown skirt, and your dress is more of an A-line so hoops won't work as good.|||If you have ever worn a hoop skirt, for any length of time you would go with the crinoline. You have to learn the trick to sitting in a hoop, you will bump into door ways, if you bend over you run the risk of having someone getting a view that you may not want.

PS Beautiful dress!|||A crinoline at the most. A hoop will be much too full for this dress. Even a crinoline is iffy.

When you try on the dress at home, how does it look? Full enough for your taste? It's quite possible that you can do without either the hoop or the crinoline.|||You should look into just buying a slip. You can get a bridal slip through most bridal shops, and they will give you that full look you want.

Hoops skirts are more work than they are worth.|||i don't think that dress need a petticoat|||I've worn both. I wore the hoop only one time, I ended up going to the rest room and taking the darn thing off!

火车采集器
  • mercedes benz usa
  • dairy queen locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment