Friday, March 9, 2012

Been using a Canon G3 and G6 for awhile, and want something that 1) responds much faster (especially in autofocus and shutter lag), 2) exhibits less noise at higher ISO, and 3) allows for making larger prints.

Lens-interchangability is not necessarily the main thing I'm looking for, but it pretty much looks like you MUST look to an interchangeable-lens camera in order to get major improvements in all three things mentioned above.

So I'm looking at DSLR's that are one or two steps above entry-level, hopefully not too exceed around $1000 (body only). [Willing to buy a gently used example that has been well cared for.]

- I have no lens collection or lens investment to consider.
- Won't be buying a lot of specialized lenses, just a few basic ones over the next few years. (Mainly a macro, a couple wide-angle lenses, a portrait lens)
- I don't care about the video capability of the camera.
- Slight differences (one or so stops) in low light/hi-ISO performance are not important to me.
- Slight differences in megapixels are not important to me -- 8 to 12 should be OK)

I'd prefer a camera that, in terms of features and specs, can "cover many bases" (so that I can experiment with different photographic arenas), maybe not the best in any single area.

Priorities are:

1) excellent autofocus performance over a broad range of shooting conditions -- want the most effective, accurate, consistent performance that is realistically possible at this price point

2) reliability and durability (especially in the electronics) -- don't want the experience of breakdown around the time the warranty is expiring

3) overall build quality -- don't mind a little extra weight if it has gone into building a strong, solid, tight camera

4) good ergonomics and menu design

5) I don't plan on shooting much in challenging environments, but resistance to dust and the elements is good

6) friendly, helpful, accessible customer service would be a plus

Thanks for your suggestions!

.|||Nikon D90 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera
# Live View with contrast-detect AF, face detection
# Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
# Movie capture at up to 1280 x 720 (720p) 24 fps with mono sound
# IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)
# 4.5 frames per second continuous shooting
# 3D tracking AF (11 point)|||Nikon D90. I did and I'm never wrong.|||I would say none of them...since you are looking for mid-range level~ Go for D7000 or 60D, I prefer canon though~ ^^

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment