Monday, February 6, 2012

i was approached by this french girl at the mall, handing me a pot of hand lotion. i took one look at it and put it back on to the plate. i did it because i don't like to have chemicals i don't know rubbed into my skin, and i didn't feel i have any obligation to take it. Was i being rude or not?

From that point on, she seem to have this malicious look in her eyes.

anyway, she proceed on with the usual question " where are you from" then followed by " you don't seem to take care of your skin", which i thought was kind of an insult, because usually when i am approached by skincare representatives in the mall, they usually asks something more subtle like " your skin looks a bit dry". so i wasn't quite sure whether she insulting me or not?

also how would you handle the situation.|||No, so long as you said something simple like "no, thank you", you were not rude. Yes, she was rude, yes, she meant to insult you.

Do yourself a favour and just let it go now, okay?|||I would've said something like, "Oooh, this smells really good." (if you can smell it, that is)
And that should flatter her a bit. And then you go, "I really like the smell, but my skin's really sensitive. So I can't use stuff with fragrance." There. :) Or you could've just took it and gave it to someone else you know, like a friend. It's just a free sample.|||Your letting something little, bother you to much. Why not just try to enjoy yourself at the mall. Instead of letting the sample lady ruin your day.|||Realize it is her job to push the product. Next time you run into sales people handing out free sample just tell them "no thank you" and you're "in a hurry". I have no choice but to tell people that I'm deathly allergic to almond oil. I know most products don't always specify if it's in them and if the sales person tries to convince me that there isn't any in their product I tell them that if they lied about knowing their product and my breathing gets cut off they get to be the lucky winner who rushes me to the hospital and do they really want to take that chance.|||Don't accept or take anything you don't want, so you did the right thing. She gave you a nasty look because she's probably had a hundred people like yourself reject the hand lotion that day and also because it's her job to hand them out, so she's annoyed you wouldn't take it.

Also, I would've considered her comment rude and an insult. She's worded it very wrong and will need to learn to speak to customers politely in future if she wants to make any sales or make the company or brand she is working for look good.

火车采集器
  • vacation rentals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment