Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I wrote a two checks to a business at a sample sale about a month 1/2 ago and they have yet to cash them. Can I cancel these checks w/o Repercussions? Also, I never received a receipt for my purchases (if that matters). I'm happy to pay them but I would prefer to pay them with cash so i'm not sitting on a larger balance in my checking account then I should be. I'm not sure how to contact them though. Any suggestions? |||If your bank does its job, they will ask you if the person you wrote to them is aware of the cancellation, or the bank may ask you the reason for the cancellation. Either way, you have no right to cancel the checks for the reason you state. Plus, you'll have to pay fees to have both checks cancelled, which may not bother you if the checks were for huge sums of money, but if the checks were for small sums, then you'll lose in the long run with the cancellation fees. Next time, pay cash if you want to pay cash. But it's not a big deal to see a larger balance when you check your account balance. You're an adult. You know what checks are outstanding. Most people's account balances are off due to outstanding checks or electronic payments/withdrawals. |||you will have to pay a stop check fee - could be $20-40 per check - call the business first and ask them why they haven't deposited the checks and make sure they applied payment to your account - you should be looking at your check book ledger for your balance - not the bank balance which doesn't include outstanding checks

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment